- CDIL was established in 1973
- The Central Downs Irrigators Ltd represents irrigators on the Condamine River Flood Plain from Tummaville to Macalister
- This area of the Darling Downs mainly irrigates by furrow irrigation but has recently made the move to using lateral irrigation systems
- Water is supplied by a number of different sources
- Ground Water
- Overland Flow
- River Water Harvesting
- Regulated Supplies from the Upper Condamine Water Supply Scheme (Leslie Dam)
- We are also supported by a number of businesses and organisations that take an interest in the local irrigation industry
- Over the years the CDIL has worked to advance the irrigation industry and protect the rights of irrigators
- Sustainable irrigation is our main priority, however we have also shown support for change in the areas of electricity pricing, water trading rules and coal seam gas.
- We are active members of the National Irrigator Council, QLD Farmers Federation and the Basin Sustainability Alliance group as well as having a close relationship with Cotton Australia. This will help
us to lobby for policy change and protection for our irrigator members to support their futures.
Map by Geoscience Australia